Construction is a highly organised and complex process, so ensuring that you have partnered with reputable and highly skilled contractors is a must.No matter what sort of construction project you’re undertaking, from a brand new build or an extension to a renovation, you’ll be in need of electrical contractors if you’re hoping to have lights, power points and so on.
What sorts of tasks might you need electrical contractors for?
Depending on the construction project, contractors may be needed for a variety of different tasks – general wiring (including installations of light fixtures, switches and power points), installation of safety switches and switchboards, installation of smoke detectors, installation of telephone and data points, installation of split systems, pool and spa wiring, and so on.
Why is it important to contact the professionals?
Attempting to undertake electrical tasks yourself or deciding to use a handyman as opposed to a qualified professional can have disastrous results. From electrical shock to fires, there are a number of things that can go wrong when working with wiring so don’t take the risk. We’re not putting this lightly – contractors are the only people stoping your house from burning down.
How do we go about finding the right electrical contractor?
There are a number of things that you should look for or keep in mind when choosing a contractor for your project:
- Provision of a quote for the works required, including a detailed breakdown if multiple tasks need to be completed.
- Fully trained and qualified (particularly in the type of construction you’re dealing with – domestic or commercial) with plenty of experience.
- Good reputation for the provision of safe and reliable work (don’t just take their word for it).
- Compliance with all statutory requirements in relation to licensing, insurance, safety standards, and so on.
- Offer warranties and guarantees for your satisfaction and that ensure the proper functioning of systems.
- Experience with the sorts of tasks that you need to be completed (such as installing home theatre systems).
- Professional conduct (including arriving for meetings on time, being polite and maintaining a neat appearance).
- Good communication (including responding to phone calls/emails in a timely manner and being in touch if issues arise).
- Ability to complete the works within the timeframe specified by other contractors working on the project.
If you are about to commence a construction project of some kind, we hope that the information provided above has enabled you to find the right electrical contractor for your needs. At the end of the day, you want to ensure that the electricals in your new home, extension or renovation are safe and work well, so it pays to take the time to find the right contractor.
The team at Smillie Electrical Services have experience with all these tasks and more, making us an ideal choice for construction projects of all shapes and sizes. For more information, contact us on 1300 074 351 today.